Sunday, September 27, 2015

Let's shake the world together! #psuaged16 #aee412

When we were younger, the world felt like it was in our control. We felt powerful, significant, and we meant something more to others than just a social order. As we got older, life started to get in the way. Some felt as if there were choices that were already made for their future versus others who felt lost and in need of guidance to keep their heads above water. When looking back at my childhood, I knew that I was put here on this planet to make a difference. BUT, I didn’t just want to make a difference in my hometown. I wanted to push the "average status quo" and help out communities that were strangers to me because I knew that I could help make a change.
 
Traveling and supporting others have both been passions of mine since I was little. I was raised in a family lifestyle that forced me to move around every couple of years and start all over. Making new friends, starting new schools, and pushing myself to be a better person by  helping others. I was able to break out of my comfort zone at a young age, but have taken it upon myself to help others find their way as well.

This year, the #psuaged16 cohort has been asked to create innovative ideas and to ask others for help in the annual #TeachAgGenius Hour. Our professors have literally let the leashes go and they are letting us explore avenues that WE are interested in learning and letting us ask for guidance from others! So, are you ready? Here is what I want to learn from you:

1) How can I bring international agriculture to my classroom?

2) What can I do to bring a “global perspective” into EVERY lesson?
 
3) How can I create an environment where my students feel respected and comfortable in the classroom?
4) How can I, as one teacher, impact the lives of students in my classroom and in classrooms around the world?

 
Whew, let’s bring it back in! I am asking for your help and your perspectives. How do you push yourself to be the best person that you can be? Who is your inspiration or what is your drive? Inspire me!
I can’t wait to learn more from you! Who knows, maybe we can help each other!
Stay Golden Ag Ed Fam Jam

 

1 comment: