Sunday, November 29, 2015

Classroom Management can be...Fun? #readingreflection


Looking back at my childhood, it is funny to think that I was known as the “good kid” when parents used to babysit me. I would always do what I was told, did chores, you know, I had to be the best and in my mind I was! As I got older, I started to rebel and push the limits to my parents and my teachers. It wasn’t until I had a teacher with great classroom management skills that made me realize that I had to calm down and actually start to focus on my studies more. Teachers play an important part in students lives because we help shape them for the future. Classroom management is the foundation for this success.

So what are some key things that I think are important when looking at classroom management? Let’s take a look!

1)      Set the expectations in the beginning!

There is no better way to start the year, then letting the students know what is up! If you want to be honest with them and yourself, this is key in the classroom! By expecting great things from them, there will be great results.

2)     Set that routine as soon as they get in the classroom!

I was raised in a military family and always had a routine as soon as I got up in the morning to when I went to bed at night. This is a great tool to use in the classroom as well! It is important that the students know as soon as they walk into the classroom, there are things that need to get done and you mean business!

3)     Set boundaries

Students can get curious about your life and sometimes can look a little more deeply than what you want them too! Make sure that you are firm and keeping the classroom in check in all aspects!

4)     Don’t forget, HAVE FUN!

Classrooms are places for learning and constructive fun. Note how I said constructive right? As much as kids don’t want to admit it, they crave structure and want the class to go that way as well!
Well that I all I have for this week ag ed folks! I look forward to implementing some of these techniques in the classroom when I student teach and beyond that!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment