Monday, March 28, 2016

Proud to be the New {Teach} on the Block! #ShadyMaple


Not going to lie, one of the reasons I choose agriculture education is the people, the education of agriculture knowledge, and of course the FOOD! Yes, I admitted it I am a “foodie.” What is one way that I can put my passion of agriculture and food together was at the annual meeting of “New and First Year Teachers” hosted by the Center for Professional Personnel Development at Penn State. Where was the meeting at? One of the best buffets on the East Coast, Shady Maple!

Under the direction of the famous Mr. Ron Fredrick, new and beginning teachers came together for a night of collaboration, information sharing, and the delicious Lancaster food. I also enjoyed the chance to see Mr. Mason Tate at the meeting and we were able to catch up on life and our own teaching journeys together!

As our empty plates were taken away from us, we began our meting by sharing out who we were and what activities we brought to share out with the group! Surprisingly, I got a lot of cool materials from the group and “steal” the ideas of the local teachers that I have known since I was a student! I also was able to get a AWESOME Bee book that my students took from me as soon as I got it in their hands upon returning to the school that next day! Upon papers on papers, ideas, and collaborations that were gathered that night, I left with a bag full of stuff and a tummy full ready for bed!

Before leaving, Mr. Fredrick targeted Mason and I to ask a question that we had for the new teachers that we may be teaching with in the future! I mean this truly, I am glad that I have a network of teachers that I can now call friends.

At the end of the night, I drove back to Philadelphia with a bag full of Wilbur Chocolates and educational materials for days.

Until next time Ag Ed Fam!

No comments:

Post a Comment