Monday, February 22, 2016

Hyper Active {Teach} on the Block #week6


"What do you mean you won't be here Friday?"
Beautiful Saul Campus!
I am over a third of the way done with my student teaching experience. *Insert stressed out, overly laughing/crying emoji here*

This past week I had a lot of firsts in my book. I was able to prepare sub plans, facilitate students outside to prepare for a middle school tour, and.... not be there on a school day with my students. I have never felt more like a helicopter teacher wanting to know the exact details of that day I missed in my entire life.

So let’s break down the pros and cons of the week!

Pros: Outside is the best side. Literally letting my students get fresh air and walk around the school while doing an activity was great for them and for me to get work done. Although students had the occasional moments where
they were distracted by the scenery, we had a great time preparing for a school that was visiting for a tour. This was the first real time I walked all of Saul and was able to see what our students do all around the campus ALL day! A horse barn with real live horses that students get to interact with every day.... what?!? Super cool stuff!

Field Trip to Morris!
Cons: I had to leave my students. Who would do that to a student teacher like myself huh? Thanks Penn State. Honestly, although it wasn’t that bad of a con, stressing out about sub plans and wondering what my students were doing really impacted the way I felt about my student teaching. I wanted to teach MY lesson and I wanted to be the one to turn the light bulb on for a student. I felt like the kindergartener having to share for the first time.

Overall Reflection: Although I had separation anxiety missing my students, I realized that I am doing a great job and well, my job! I am constantly finding new ways to engage my students and be the best (student) teacher I can be. This next week, I am going to push myself for maximum engagement seeing as we have two half days due to Parent Teacher Conferences. This week should fly by just like the rest!

Bring it on Week 7!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing! Let's work on making sure those blog posts are to me by 5pm on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete