Sunday, April 17, 2016

Feelin’ Pretty Super {Teach} on the Block! #weeklyblog #psuaged16

This week was the second to last week here at Walter Biddle Saul High School (insert crying emoji here). Although my emotions certainly caught up with me realizing that this is it, I am excited that I have one more week left at Saul and I am going to make it count!

Usually I give you the Pros and Cons of me week on this blog, but this week I wanted to shake it up and do a picture blog about what happened this week followed by notes about what was happening in the pictures.



Beginning with Saturday, Saul hosted some fantastic National FFA 360 conference facilitators to lead Saul students and Midd West students about “Lasting Impressions.” Due to the snow that some schools faced, we had a small turn out BUT the facilitators enjoyed actually talking to the students one on one and getting to know them! Why the capes you may ask? Just because there weren’t a lot of students does not mean we couldn’t play a prank on the facilitators! 

BEFORE we planted some tomatoes this is what the green house looked like! 

The "crew" that did an awesome job planting and working together as a team! 
BEFORE we planted all the basil, the students had to line up
the rows to make it even for all of the plants to fit 

Right before we plant, we drop all of the basil to make it even
by alternating the plants for infinite growth and space for
each bed. 


Oh yeah the hospital... This girl can not walk and talk at the same time.
Me falling on concrete = a swollen knee, an MRI, crutches, and a smile! 
As we continue on with the week, planting, planting, and more planting had to be done to prepare or greenhouses at Saul for some tomatoes and basil to sell this summer. My students and I all worked together to plant all of this and even some lettuce in the field to help our CSA and tie together our Root and Germination units that we were working on in class! OH and there was a hospital run between all of this happening. Talk about super busy. 

FFA week breakfast and super power capes for all of the teachers!
Not pictured: Bacon and Pancakes (SO GOOD!)

Ms. T and I dressed up as twins for "Twin Day" at Saul

Start of the Color War! 
As the week continues, we say HELLO its FFA week! Wow, what a super cool experience it is to be apart of a school with over 500 FFA members! This week was filled with awesome moments like: Color Wars, Teacher Appreciation Breakfast, Capes for all of the teachers, and so many more fun activities! As a future FFA adviser and agriculture teacher, I was able to gather some awesome ideas from the students and from this awesome week! 

Overall Thoughts for the Week: 
This week was filled with its ups  and downs and I am so happy to be a part of a school that celebrates agriculture in a unique way. Not only did I have to balance teaching, planting, FFA Week help, and "run" around on crutches all week, I got to feel what an actual agriculture teacher is like with a full schedule. Next week, will be the same except I will be saying "good-bye" to some students who have made an amazing impact on me as a teacher and as a person. I cannot wait for the activities and events that are going on next week INCLUDING a special secret Pancake Breakfast that I am hosting for my students as a treat! 

Stay tuned for next week Ag Ed Fam! 


No comments:

Post a Comment